Last updated : November 2022
Protecting your information is extremely important to us. The way we collect and share your information is equally important.
What does this policy cover?
Information collected from our clients
We collect information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you visit our Sites, request information from us, or contact us.
The information we collect from you may include:
- Contact information, including your name, address, email address, telephone, or mobile number;
- Employer-related information, such as your title and the company’s name, address, and phone number;
- LGIM America account number;
- Location Information (IP address, IP address locations, information about your location);
- Owned Website Activity (how you use our sites, pages viewed, time of service, date of service, duration of service, time since last visit, links clicked, information about pages viewed on sites);
- Off-Website Activity (referring website addresses, information about the site you came from); and
- Information About Your Device (device type, computer type, internet connection type, linking multiple devices to the same user) and Browser (type, language, version, font settings).
Information collected from prospective employees and job applicants
We may collect the following information about you that you either provide to us directly, that we receive from third parties, or that we collect automatically as you access any of our LGIM America sites:
- Career-related information (job title, job role, profession, education, industry, years of experience, skills);
- Location information (IP address, IP address locations, information about your location);
- Owned website activity (how you use our site, pages viewed, time of service, date of service, duration of service, time since last visit, links clicked, information about pages viewed on sites);
- Off-website activity (referring website addresses, information about the site you came from);
- Information about your device (device type, computer type, internet connection type, linking multiple devices to the same user) and browser (type, language, version, font settings); and
- Advertising information (interests, activities, social network activities and data, purchases, media, advertising network categories, technology usage, ads received and clicked).
- Information about your identity (e.g., name, personal email address, cell phone number, mailing address, password, username);
- Career demographics (job title, job role, profession, education, industry, years of experience, skills);
- Location information (IP address, IP address locations, information about your location);
- Career interests (career topics, current student, expected date of graduation for current students, majors, locations interested in working, profession category (e.g., financial, tech), work area of interest (e.g., trading, legal), interests in upcoming events);
- Topics you have expressed interest in;
- Owned website activity (how you use our site, pages viewed, time of service, date of service, duration of service, time since last visit, links clicked, searches conducted, registration for event, clicks on event registration links, language choice, comments, ratings, preferences and settings, information about pages viewed on sites);
- Email activity (emails opened, email program used, IP address of email open, clicks in email);
- Off-website activity (referring website addresses, information about the site you came from, profile information from social media sites);
- Information about your device (device type, computer type, internet connection type, linking multiple devices to the same user) and browser (type, language, version, font settings);
- Information you submit to us (e.g., submitted images, photos, videos; other items you submit; details about your requests made to us);
- Advertising information (interests, activities, social network activities and information purchases, media, advertising network categories, technology usage, ads clicked); and
- Job applied for or interested in (including the job opening’s education and experience description).
Information collected from third parties or other sources
We may obtain personal or other information about you from third parties or other sources, and combine this information with the information we collect from you. This might include any other information obtained through companies that have business relationships with us, such as our licensees, affiliates, and business partners.
We may also obtain information about you from other online sources, including when you connect with LGIM America through its official corporate pages on third -party social networks (such as LinkedIn) or the “apps” on those pages. This information may include your name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you through the Sites.
How we collect your Information
Per our Legal & General policy, cookies collected on the website do not directly identify individual visitors. Session cookies are temporarily stored until the browser is closed, at which point they are deleted.
We may also use third-party cookies and other technologies to support our Sites, provide services on our behalf, complete business transactions, or provide relevant advertising to you. Some of these third parties may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies on our Site or Apps, which may send them some of the above-referenced information. The use of this information by those third parties will be governed by their own privacy policies.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We may use this information collected about you in order to recruit potential job candidates and communicate with employees and employee alumni. For example, we may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to in order to recruit potential job candidates (e.g., display advertisements about relevant positions to our target audiences). Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, we may assume that you meet the target criteria.
Deletion of cookies, tracking options and “Do Not Track” disclosures
You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site. Please refer to your web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
LGIM America may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To deliver’s LGIM America’s services you;
- For recruiting, position advertising, talent management and employment purposes (recording, examination, assessment, selection, conclusion of an employment offer, and with your consent the storage in our recruitment database for a possible future offer of employment, etc.);
- To enhance your online experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site or App;
- To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- To review the usage and operations of our Site, and improve our content, products, and services;
- To recognize your online activities over time and across different websites and devices;
- To provide you with customized Site content, or with your consent where applicable via email, telephone, text message, by mail and other marketing channels;
- As applicable and with your consent where applicable, to contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from LGIM America or on behalf of our business partners, licensees, and affiliates;
- To contact you when necessary, including for employment purposes, by email, telephone text message, or by mail;
- To use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical purposes;
- To address problems with the Services, or our business;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site, and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
Additionally, if you use the Site to connect with third -party services you authorize us to use information from you, on your behalf, to interact with these third -party services based on your requests.
LGIM America may disclose the personal information we collect from you with the following categories of third parties and in the following ways:
- With our affiliated companies;
- With our third -party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us;
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
LGIM America may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for marketing or analytics uses on behalf of LGIM America.
Links to third-party websites
Under Age 13. Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Site, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our records.
Under Age 18. Minors under 18 years of age may have the personal information that they have provide to LGIM America through the Site deleted by sending an email to Communications@LGIMA.com requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that information from our records.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. We make reasonable efforts to safeguard the integrity and security of our network and systems., we cannot guarantee our security measures.
LGIM America is part of a global company. Therefore, your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States, United Kingdom, or the European Union depending on the interactions of applications used by LGIM America. It is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
Your options and access to your personal information
To access, review, or update your information stored by LGIM America, you may contact your respective LGIM America office or account representative to have them update your information in our system. If you have any additional questions concerning access to or updating your personal information, please contact us at the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Legal & General Investment Management America, Inc.
71 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60606
Attn: Legal Department
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from LGIM America and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.